We encourage you stay hydrated and cool this week with temperature expected to be 94 degrees today cooling to 62 degrees tonight. The 10-day forecast looks to be much cooler ranging from 73-89 degrees.
We advise everyone to stay well-hydrated this week. We also would like to encourage everyone to make friendly phone calls to check in with their neighbors, especially home-bound elderly and vulnerable populations in Fremont.
Safety tips that will help you protect yourself and stay safe in the hot weather:
- Avoid the sun from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. when the burning rays are strongest.
- Reduce physical activity.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and light colored lightweight, loose-fitting clothes when you are outdoors
- Avoid hot, heavy meals that include proteins.
- Set your air conditioner between 75° to 80°. If you don’t have air-conditioning, take a cool shower twice a day.
- Check on elderly neighbors and family and friends who do not have air conditioning.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you are not thirsty. Avoid alcohol.
- Use sun screen with a sun protection factor of at least 15 if you need to be in the sun.
- Don’t forget about your pets, they need plenty of water and shade.
- Insulate your home by installing weather stripping around your doors and window sills to keep the cool air inside.