The City of Fremont has adjusted its City facilities closure period to extend from March 16, 2020 through April 7, 2020 (from the previously announced March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 closure). This change is to align with the March 16, 2020, Shelter In Place Order, issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department, in coordination with five bay area counties and the City of Berkeley, announced for residents in the Bay Area to stay home from March 17, 2020, at 12 a.m. through April 7, 2020 to help limit the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The following is a list of updated essential City services our departments and divisions will be providing to the public from March 16, 2020 through April 7, 2020. The City will continue to evaluate its essential City services delivery and adjust accordingly through April 7, 2020.
City Administration, 3300 Capitol Ave, Building A and Building B
• City Manager’s Office, please call (510) 284-4000 or email
o The front lobby and counter window at City Hall are closed to the public and City staff can be contacted via telephone and email.
• City Clerk’s Office, please call (510) 284-4060 or email
o Due to the new Shelter In Place Order, the only agenda item being heard at the March 17, 2020, City Council meeting is Agenda Item 7.A - ADOPT A RESOLUTION RATIFYING THE PROCLAMATION OF LOCAL EMERGENCY. Non-essential Council agenda items and City Commission meetings will be continued to a later date.
• Human Resources, please call (510) 494-4660 or email
o Human Resources offices are closed to the public and HR staff can be contacted via telephone and email.
o HR will continue to provide essential internal services (such as payroll and benefit changes) to City Fremont staff and will conduct that business virtually/via telework.
o Non-essential recruitment activity will be rescheduled, and essential recruitments will be conducted online via video conferencing whenever possible. Visit our website for a list of current recruitments underway.
• Economic Development, please call (510) 284-4020 or email
o Business hotline - Please call 510-284-4020 for business resources and questions regarding COVID-19, or email
• Environmental Services, please call (510) 494-4570 or email
• Fremont Fire Department, Fire Administration, please call (510) 494-4200 or email
o All Fire stations are open for walk in emergencies and the Safe Surrender program.
o The Fire Marshal will continue to work with Economic Development as needed on business support deemed essential during this time.
o There will be no public education events in or out of the fire stations; no ride-alongs, and no station visits.
o Fire Prevention will also suspend all inspections.
• Recreation Services, please call (510) 494-4300 or email
o A reduced level of services will continue for litter, debris and trash removal, site evaluations, Hazard ID and abatement, graffiti ID and abatement, vandalism graffiti and abatement, tree calls, and right of way hazards abatement.
o Beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the Parks Division will be implementing a minimal parks staffing operating model that will consist of modified coverage from individual crews covering their assigned route one day per week on a five day a week rotation, not including weekends. Special work schedules are currently suspended until further notice and a workday will be defined as Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Finance, please call (510) 494-4610 or email
Revenue Division Services, Payments, and Contact Points during City of Fremont Closure:
o Business Tax:
? Home Page
? Apply, Renew, Pay, Close business tax account
? General Revenue Questions:
• Email: - response within two business days.
• Phone: (510) 494-4790 - will go to voicemail and will be returned within one business day.
o Transient Occupancy Tax and Invoices: Continue to mail payments to:
City of Fremont
PO Box 5006
Fremont, CA 94537
Development Services Center, 39550 Liberty Street
• Building Inspection: (510) 494-4400 or email
• Code Enforcement: (510) 494-4430 or email
• Development Services Center: (510) 494-4443 or email
• Housing: (510) 494-4500 or email
• Planning: (510) 494-4440 or email
• Plans and Permits: (510) 494-4460 or email
• Sustainability: email
o Those who have scheduled business with the Development Services Center (building inspections, plan check appointments, etc.) are being contacted by City staff.
o Development Services is suspending most services for all divisions, but staff will be available by phone or email to provide assistance and answer questions. See contact information above.
Public Works Department, 39550 Liberty Street
• Engineering: (510) 494-4700 or email
• Transportation Engineering: (510) 494-4745 or email
Maintenance Center, 42551 Osgood Road, (510) 979-5700 or email
• Street Sweeping will temporarily be suspended in all areas of the city until April 7, 2020. On April 8, 2020, staff will reassess priorities and decide on the appropriate course of action for Street Sweeping moving forward.
Fremont Police Department – 2000 Stevenson Blvd., (510) 790-6800, website
• Animal Services: (510) 790-6630, (510) 790-6644 (licensing) or email Routine filed service will remain unchanged. Lobby will be closed and administrative services (licensing, adoptions, etc.) will be done utilizing phone calls and setting of appointments. Visit the website for more information.
• Records Unit: (510)790-6800 - FPD lobby will be closed to the public. Records related requests from the public will be handled utilizing phone calls and setting of appointments.
• Detention Facility (Jail): (510) 790-6871 – Jail operations will continue with normal operations. Visitors, tours, LiveScans and other non-essential duties will be suspended until further notice.
• Property & Evidence: (510) 790-6921 – Lobby closed to the public. Request for property made by public will be handled utilizing phone calls and setting of appointments.
• Recruitment: (510) 404-8934 or website – In-person recruiting has been suspended. Hiring efforts will continue utilizing technology to conduct interviews and other candidate assessment needs.
• All building tours, volunteer programs, community events and meetings have been suspended.
Human Services, 3300 Capitol Ave, Building B
• Human Services: 510-574-2050 or email
o Senior Center Updates (Recorded Message) 510-790-6610
o Senior Helpline (For questions about Senior Services, resources and supply needs for vulnerable persons) 510-574-2041
o Ride-On Tri-City! Program (Transportation Services for the Elderly and Disabled), please call (510) 574-2053
• Ride-On Tri-City’s Travel Training activities, including applications for senior Clipper cards, as well as the program’s Group Transportation outings have been suspended through March 31, 20200.
• Although all in-person appointments for transportation assistance have been suspended through March 31, 2020, Tri-City seniors and individuals with disabilities are still able to call the Ride-On Helpline for assistance. Staff will be available by phone to connect community members with essential transportation services (i.e. to and from dialysis clinics, medical appointments, etc.) and help address transportation concerns and questions.
Fremont Family Resource Center, please call (510) 574-2000 for General Service Information
The Fremont Family Resource Center (FRC) building located at 39155 Liberty Street which houses 24 State, County, City and Non-Profit Organizations will remain open. Each agency will be determining its own schedule and staffing level.
However, the FRC City Office (Suite A110) will be closed to the general public. For families seeking support please call the Family Support Services phone line 510-574-2000, telecare support and resources will be offered remotely by Family Support Coordinators.
• CalWORKs participants in need of counseling services can call (510) 574-2023. Ongoing clients will be offered Telecare services.
• The VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) in-person program is being suspended. VITA customers with appointments will be called to cancel and instructions will be given for rescheduling the appointment. For online assistance with your taxes, or for a list of VITA sites that are currently open go to the website. You may also visit the website for updated information.
• SparkPoint financial coaching will be handled remotely call (510) 574-2020 for more information
• City staff will be available to address and respond to FRC facility-related concerns of FRC partner agencies. Please call (510) 574-2000
• Discovery Cove Drop -In Childcare services are currently suspended.
o Homeless Services and Hygiene opportunities, please call (510) 574-2222
o Youth and Family Services (YFS), please call (510) 574-2100 for general information
Effective March, 16, 2020, Youth and Family Services will be significantly limiting in-office appointments and modifying its operating procedures and practices to ensure staff and client safety. The following policies and procedures will be in effect through March 31, 2020 and may be revised or extended as new direction and information is received.
• Client appointments: All client appointments, when possible, will be conducted via telemedicine (Phone or video sessions). If telemedicine is not suitable for clients or they are in a crisis situation an office appointment may still be scheduled, using social distancing protocols. Special consideration will be taken for play therapy so that only toys that can be easily and quickly disinfected will be used. Counselors will also conduct caregiver sessions over the phone or via video as needed. Due to the school closures, counselors will reach out to their school-based clients to offer these services to the clients they would typically see at school sites.
• Crisis appointments: Our crisis counselors will be on duty Monday through Friday responding to crisis as needed, including the following:
1. Family relationship crisis: We are currently accepting referrals from Fremont or Newark Police Department for family relationship crisis. We will use measures to prevent community spread of COVID-19, which includes social distancing, use of handwashing and disinfectants. If the client or family members appear ill, we will recommend they seek medical attention/consultation.
2. Client crisis: For our clients on our caseload who are experiencing crisis, we will conduct a telemedicine session or a face to face session, using measures to prevent community spread of COVID-19, which includes social distancing, use of handwashing and disinfectants. If the client or family members appear ill, we will recommend they seek medical attention/consultation.
• New Intakes: We are temporarily closed to new referrals due to generally full caseloads. Anyone contacting YFS for new, non-crisis services will be referred to ACCESS 1-800-491-9099 (if MediCal) or their Primary Care Provider. We will continue to update staff on our protocol and make decisions based on our capacity and our ability to serve the community.
o Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Intervention and Counseling is temporarily unavailable for new appointments. Anyone needing SUD services please call (510) 790-6940 for a phone screening.
o Rent Review: For all rent increase questions and services, please call (510) 733-4945 or email
The City of Fremont continues to work closely with Alameda County Public Health Department to monitor and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Continued updates from the City will follow frequently.
For more information and updates on how the City of Fremont is monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), visit our Coronavirus webpage.. General updates will be made to the City’s social media accounts on Facebook, Nextdoor, Nixle and Twitter; follow our channels.